Thursday, April 30, 2009

Introducing Johanna Dinn

My entry into the world of triathlons started 2 years ago when my brother and myself decided on a whim to do a sprint triathlon in aid of Focus Ireland. Neither of us had really swam since we were kids nor had we put foot to pedal since college days but thought what the heck – we would give it a go. When it came to the event – I still wasn’t quite sure how I would make it through the swim as I had never been able to do the full 750M in training...but something I learned that day is that where there is a will there is a way and so I front crawled, back stroked, breast stroked and doggy paddled my way through it. Being someone who is always up for a challenge – I thought I would up the ante the next year and so last August I did an Olympic distance triathlon. This was one of the most physically and mentally challenging things I have ever done and crossing the Finish line was one of my proudest moments.

So this year I’ve decided to combine triathlons and fundraising and be part of the Microsoft Trionic 7 team that will do a triathlon in Chicago to raise €35K for a really worthy cause. Our fundraising kicks off this Saturday at the Leinster V’s Munster rugby match in Croke Park (so if you see us...cough up) and over the next couple of months we will get stuck into many more events where we hope to raise lots of cash. We’ve got a terrific group of people on board for this challenge and I’m really looking forward to training, racing and fundraising with them over the Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment