Thursday, April 23, 2009

Introducing David Power


As someone who hasn’t swam properly since I was 12 at the Community Games in Mosney, or ever cycled a bike except for fun, doing a triathlon is something new. Waterford isn’t known for its triathletes (although Sean Kelly had it in his blood:-)), so why do it? Well one of my New Year’s Resolutions was to take on 3 new challenges. I don’t think I’ll get away with counting running, swimming and cycling as all 3 – but doing a Triathlon is definitely one challenge ticked off the list. I play a lot of sports (football, golf, squash, running), so doing the triathlon will definitely improve my fitness. Last year I had several injuries which kept me out of action, so this year I want to come back stronger. I’d also like to raise money for Crumlin Children’s Hospital, as I think most people will know somebody who was a patient there and it does great work for kids across Ireland.

1 comment:

  1. Yeaay! I believe in David. We're all behind you, Way yo go!

    ReplyDelete